Well, we all know and love warm milk as an insomnia home remedy.
However, did you know cinnamon is also used as an insomnia home remedy?
So, why not combine them into a yummy treat kids (and grown ups) love. Cinnamon milk!
Like I said, kids love it, almost as much as hot chocolate. The best part is that there are numerous health benefits of this tasty drink.
Cinnamon (Cinnamomum spp.) is a warming tonic, great for this chilly time of year. Drinking cinnamon milk helps to warm our interior and increase circulation throughout our bodies. It can help to prevent and cure colds and flus. It’s also great for chronically cold hands and feet.
In addition, cinnamon milk can help ease digestive issues like indigestion and cramping. It will also help firm loose bowels, so it is a very effective diarrhea remedy for children.
I know you were just looking for an insomnia home remedy, and it’s cool that cinnamon helps in all these other areas too.
Finally, I was excited to read that drinking cinnamon tea regularly will help reduce cavities, strengthen gums and also decrease insect bites.
So, how do we make this tasty treat that’s also an effective insomnia home remedy?
What you’ll need…
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cinnamon stick (you can use 1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon, but we found that it did not dissolve in the milk and found the powder to be uncomfortable in our throats)
- Honey to taste (try about 1 teaspoon)
- To make the cinnamon milk, simply warm the milk on the stove until it is almost boiling.
- Pour it into a cup and add your cinnamon stick.
- Cover with a small plate and allow it to steep for about 10 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Add honey to taste. (We all liked it without any honey at all, but the kids liked it even better with a teaspoon of honey.)
That’s all there is to our insomnia home remedy. Easy, eh? Enjoy!