I wrote this article because there were so many people emailing me wanting an remedy with calming herbs.
In addition, many ailments and diseases people experience are a result from stress. The most common being colds and flus.
So, whether you have a condition that resulted from stress or you are experiencing stress and would like to prevent a condition from happening with calming herbs, this article is for you.
With stress, we are mostly dealing with the nervous system. You may have heard of valerian as one of the most calming herbs.
This is a sedation herb. A powerful and useful herb if you are stressed out and can’t sleep for example, but it isn’t an herb you would want to use EVERY DAY.
The HERB OF CHOICE for nervous system nourishment is Oatstraw, one of the best calming herbs.
Not only is oatstraw (Avena sativa) incredibly nourishing, it has an affinity for the nervous system.
It is a GREAT herbal remedy for stress.
Drinking an oatstraw infusion daily with not only nourish and tonify your nervous system, it is also builds healthy teeth and bones because it is high in calcium.
An herbal infusion is a drink full of minerals. Minerals in whole, complex forms, easily absorbed and used by our bodies. It is different from a tea and is the foundation for daily herbal nourishment.
So, oatsraw is not only one of the most calming herbs, it’s also VERY nutritious.
To make an oatstraw infusion…
1. Get out…
- 1 qt. canning jar, or saucepan with lid
- 1 oz oatstraw herb. You can buy oatstraw, one of the best of the calming herbs, right here!
- Boiling water
- Put 1 oz of oatsraw in a quart sized jar
- Pour boiling water over herb
- Cap with lid
- Needs to sit 4 to 6 hours to pull minerals into solution
- Strain it out. Making it before you go to bed and straining in the morning is a great idea.
- Oatstraw Infusion is a great base for frozen concentrates, lemonade, and juices of all kinds.
- Take the above and make popsicles or ice cubes.
- Oatstraw loves lavender, lemon verbena, rosemary add a pinch with the oatstraw to your quart jar.
- Serve your brew with frozen raspberries and sprigs of herbs.
Drink this calming herbs infusion every day!