What do my wife and I do when we get a stuffy nose?
We use chamomile. That’s it! Plain and simple.
But HOW do we use chamomile? We make an herbal steam for our stuffy nose remedy.
- Bring two quarts of water to a boil.
- When it boils, turn off the heat and put in two handfuls of dried chamomile flowers. Now, I realize at this time, you may not have loose chamomile flowers in your cupboard…BUT… you may have a box of chamomile tea bags. So, instead of boiling a 2 quarts, boil a quart of water and then throw in 10 tea bags.
- Make sure the pot is COVERED after you put in your chamomile.
- After 15 minutes, carry the pot over to the kitchen table, put it on a hot pad.
- Get a towel and a box of tissues.
- Remove the cover and hold up the towel like a “tent” over the pot of tea with your head under it.
- Breathe in the steam. Keep the tissue handy because you’ll have to blow you’re nose every so often.
- Keep this up as long as you want. Breath through your nose and through your mouth.
- You can reuse the tea a couple of times before composting it.
- AHHHHHHH………relief for your stuffy nose!!!!!