What do my wife and I do when we get a stuffy nose? We use chamomile. That’s it! Plain and simple. But HOW do we use chamomile? We make an herbal steam for our stuffy nose with this natural stuffy nose remedy.
Natural Stuffy Nose Remedy
What you’ll need…
- 2 handfuls dried chamomile flowers (or 10 tea bags)
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- When it boils, turn off the heat and put in 2 handfuls of dried chamomile flowers. (Now, I realize at this time, you may not have loose chamomile flowers in your cupboard … BUT you may have a box of chamomile tea bags. So, instead of boiling a 2 quarts, boil 1 quart of water and then throw in 10 tea bags.)
- Cover the pot after you put in your chamomile.
- After 15 minutes, carry the pot over to the kitchen table, and put it on a hot pad.
- Get a towel and a box of tissues.
- Remove the cover and hold up the towel like a “tent” over the pot of tea with your head under it.
- Breathe in the steam. Keep the tissue handy because you’ll have to blow your nose every so often.
- Keep this up as long as you want. Breathe through your nose and through your mouth.
- You can reuse the tea a couple of times before composting it.
- AHHHHHHH … relief for your stuffy nose!!!
A wonderful, natural stuffy nose remedy.